- Select chip type.
- Two channel data includes cDNA arrays and long oligo arrays. There are currently 142 datasets available.
- Single channel data includes Affymetrix™ GeneChips®, SuperArrays®, Clonetech™ arrays, and Nimblegen™ arrays to name a few. There are currently 490 datasets available.
- Select species.
- This information is queried from fields in the GEO database.
- Though significant effort is spent curating the database and checking for correctness, investigators should double-check the original data for accuracy.
- Click submit.
- Or click reset if you want to clear your selection(s).
- All datasets meeting the selection criteria will be presented. Occasionally there will be no datasets available for selected results and if that occurs please select broader search criteria. You will be presented with a list which includes a check box, a direct link to the GEO data set (GDS file), and a description from GEO of the dataset.
- If you desire the power for a dataset (you may select as many as you want) check the check box and click submit.
Each row contains the name of the dataset, a brief description, and three links described in detail below.
- The first links to a summary report for the comparison in the requested dataset with the most samples (not necessarily the most powerful). The posterior true positive (TP) rate, posterior true negative (TN) rate, and expected discovery rate (EDR or average power) are presented as functions of sample size (x-axis) for a significance level of 0.05. The report can be saved and printed.
- The second links to a set of graphs for TP, TN, and EDR at the same significance level of 0.05 for all comparisons, one graph for each comparison in the dataset.
- The third link is to a ZIP file which contains all the graphs at various significance levels as well as tables of the data from which the graphs were generated. This file can be saved to the desktop.
Power results are presented for each of the checked datasets.